Sunday, February 14, 2016

The First Post

I always find the first posts of blogs to be the worst. You have to do introductions, say who you are, why you're doing this blog, yada yada. Well, I'm going to keep this relatively short so we can move on with life and much more interesting topics.

1) My name is Allison, I'm from the midwest and currently live in the third largest city in the US. I graduated from college last May with a communication arts and theology degree from Franciscan University of Steubenville, and my hobbies include playing the organ/piano, crocheting (hey, old-school hobbies can be fun!), watching and analyzing tv shows and movies, and so on.

2) Well, like I said, I majored in communication arts, so I thought I'd try my hand at "new media" and blogging. I've also been told by a few of my friends that I should start a blog (whether or not they're right is a different story, but it might be fun). I might want to try vlogging in the future, but let's face it--I don't have the camera equipment other than a webcam to do so. And videos by webcam are no bueno. So, between that and allowing myself another outlet in which to muse about life.

I am Catholic, and so my faith and morals will certainly be a part of this blog, but I mostly hope to do exactly what I said above--muse about life, discover beauty in the everyday things, and find truth wherever it may hide in the world.

On that note--time to end this post and on to better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment